NOTE: I will be adding 1 more art journal challenge to the blog this year and posting the last challenge on the last Friday in November with Challenge 40.
We have something in the works for 2012 withArt Journaling so make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter and blog.
This week my page took a day or 2 to complete because of drying time.
1. I started out drawing random straight lines across my page. The lines don’t really mean anything or make sense. I just drew them randomly without thought of what I was doing next!
2. I added some drops of watercolour paint from a tube. I liberally applied water all over the page – very liberally!
3. I used a paint brush to spread the paints out, each colour at a time. I then dropped some white liquitext acrylic ink in the bottom right hand corner which started to spread over the page.
4. I then added a few drops of black acrylic ink at the top left hand corner and again let it swirl around the page.
This is how I left my page on the first night.
This is what I woke up to the next day. It was dried and nicely faded.
5. I drew some castle type shapes with charcoal and smudged the lines with my finger.
6. I added some watercolour paints to the shapes of the castles. I added some square windows.
7. I used a black pen to doodle on the roofs. I added a white rubon WHIMSY to the one of the roofs.
8. I used a Tim Holtz text stamp and some blue versafine ink to stamp some texture on the middle castle. Versafine ink is excellant for stamping fine line impressions.
9. I added some more details in my castles with the black pen.
10. I added another Tim Holtz stamp using black versafine ink.
11. Completed page!
- Art Journal is a weekly BB Blog feature posted each Friday.