NOTE: I will be adding 2 more art journal challenges to the blog this year and posting the last challenge on the last Friday in November with Challenge 40.
We have something in the works for 2012 withArt Journaling so make sure you are subscribed to the newsletter and blog.
This week I used a paint dabber for the first time. I have avoided them for a long time seeing as I already had so much paint. But having seen how popular they are in the store, I thought I would try one out finally and see what I was missing. I used a Jenni Bowlin paint dabber and loved it. No need to use brushes and water. The paint comes out smoothly, spreads evenly and dries very quickly. I’m converted!
1. I drew boxes with a red paint dabber as shown below. Make them all look different in how much paint is used.
2. I then used some yellow liquitex acrylic ink and randomly dribbled some ink around the boxes.
4. I applied some orange pan pastel to fill in the white spaces around the page.
5. I adhered a KI Memories border sticker at the bottom.
7. I added some American Crafts thickers for my initials in the lower right hand box.
8. In the top left hand box, I added a bit of journaling. I also used a Signo white pen around the edge of the page to add some doodling. Finally I used a Marshmallow Glimmer Mist over the top of the page to create a white wash over the top of the page.
Completed page – a simple journaling one this week!
- Art Journal is a weekly BB Blog feature posted each Friday.