Welcome to this week’s art journal page.
1. I started colouring my background with panpastels using 3 colours down the page. The bottom section has a magenta tinge to it as I had used a sponge with some residual magenta on it.
2. I then added a loopy flower shape with a brown paintstik and smudged the lines with my finger. (see below pic for smudged look)
3. I then added a red loopy flower on top using another paintstik. I also smudged around the lines with my finger.
4. I added a yellow paintstik on top but when blended with the red on my already on my finger, it became orange – happy accident!
(p.s we will have more of the needle tip bottles in stock next week)
6. I added a swatch of black paintstik to the lower left hand corner and smudged the edges with my finger. I then added some paper tape and gaffer tape as pictured below in the bottom left hand corner and top right hand corner.
7. I cut out a simple bird shape from text paper and used acrylic paint to colour it yellow. I drew a black eye and also outlined it with a black big brush pitt pen (see final bird image in photos further on)
9. I then added little flecks of yellow over different parts of the page using a yellow paintstik.
You can see the final bird image here with black pen outline and skinny legs.
11. I then stamped over the top of the blue circle in the top left and bottom right with a dark blue paint and a swirly foam stamp. I drew some faux stitching with white pen around the top left hand blue circle.
I added some XOXOXO’s using a 7gypsies rolling stamp. I also added a stamp on the bottom left LIFE IS GOOD. I also stamped the word CHICK using my alpha foam stamps from the original art journal kit and some red acrylic paint.
- Art Journal is a weekly BB Blog feature posted each Friday.