Welcome to this week’s art journal page.
1. I started the page with some simple line drawings of windows at the bottom and the vertical and horizontal lines. I drew around my windows twice to add a bit of dimension to the shape.
3. I then added 2 different blue pan pastels at the top.
4. I then used watercolour paints to colour in the scallop line. I also used watercolour paint out of a tube to colour the green background.
5. I used a black watercolour to colour in the black vertical line and also to grunge up the green a bit. I also coloured some black around each window shape.
6. I added some stamping with the yellow paint/chicken wire stamp (more are coming soon to the store) and aI also added some vine stamps with Versafine ink using an old BasicGrey stamp set.
7. I added some cherryArte Snapshot rubons -with the long black lines and the black bird. (only $1.00 per set in the store)
8. I added a Crafters Workshop stencil flower in the top right hand corner with a pan pastel.
9. I stamped a Tim Holtz frame stamp with brown ink and then coloured in the centre with white gesso. I also drew around the edge of the white gesso section with a black pen and also added in a bit of black shading with charcoal so the white section wasn’t so stark.
10. I then added a quote in the centre with a micron black pen.
- Art Journal is a weekly BB Blog feature posted each Friday.