Welcome to this week’s art journal page.
1. I started with painting a background colour – naples yellow and added a few drops of 7gypsies Coleur pastel wash.
2. I was inspired by the new BasicGrey Out of Print range that arrived in the store this week which features alot of text print. I used gel medium and created some text transfers below. Simply add gel medium to the text part of your paper and then burnish on to the background page. The longer the better. If any paper is left behind with the transfer you can spray with water and lightly rub with your finger to rub the paper away.
4. I used my trusty Heidi Swapp large dot foam stamps and stamped 3 blue dots as pictured below. I also added some white Cosmo Cricket rubons.
5. I then used my Prima Chicken Wire stamp (more are in transit) and used a combo of both teal and black paint.
Stamped Chicken Wire image. I rolled over the top of the stamp with a brayer to create a thick impression.
6. I drew an outline of some bees on my page…..you might need to use your imagination to believe it is a bee
Remember to use google images for ideas on simple shapes you can copy to draw.
7. I added white paint to form the base of my bees before adding more colour on top.
8. I coloured in the body with a small amount of yellow paint and then drew around the outside of the bee with a fine black Pitt pen, going over the lines several times and smudging them also at the same time. Adding the black pen at this stage helps define more of the shape of your drawing. I added some black bars across the back of the bees body.
9. I then stamped BUSY across the page using foam stamps and both red and white paint – I didn’t mix the paints perfectly but instead applied them on top of each other for a more random paint mix. I also stamped the word HAPPY using the Scenic Route clear stamp in the art journaling kit.
10. I stamped the word BEE using the foam stamps and using the number 3 as the letter “E”.
11. I stamped some teal paint circle outlines on top of the large blue circles. I added 7gypsies gaffer tape on the top left and right side. I also drew around the outside edge of the page with charcoal and smudged a border.
- Art Journal is a weekly BB Blog feature posted each Friday.